Collected by John Hollett
Kalaw, Myanmar (Burma)
On a recent visit to Kalaw, Myanmar, I began a trek at sunrise with my affable local guide. We hiked along rolling mountains cloaked in green brush, maneuvering around colorful flower bushes that every so often blocked our path. The cloud-speckled...
Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
I arrive at Nyaung Shwe, Inle Lake’s main development, in the dead of night and immediately book myself into a boat tour of the lake, wondering aloud if the notorious Nayar, a mythical dragon with four legs, still patrols the waters. An old man...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun