Collected by Greg Wong
Nyaung-U, Myanmar (Burma)
This was taken during sunrise over the plains of Bagan from a hot air balloon organized by Balloons Over Bagan, a first-rate ballooning outfit--while 300 bucks US might sound expensive, especially for Myanmar, let me assure you that it was worth...
Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
The secret to having a good time in Bagan has nothing to do with getting there - all that takes is faith in a Burmese pilot and his ancient aircraft, or an unwavering belief that your 13-hour bus ride from Yangon will actually deliver you to the...
Ar Zar Ni St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
I love this picture, the slight blur, the rough colors of the train and the people looking out the windows and hanging out the doors as the train arrives in the main railway station in Yangon. This beautiful old railway station has a looped train...
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar (Burma)
On the Western side of Inle Lake, Intha villages make all kinds of sweet treats. Visit to watch locals pull, mold, fry, bake, and dry their edible crafts, and then taste test the final products. Ranging from chewy, sugary candies to flaky,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States