Collected by asegami
Kaung Daing Village Nyaung Shwe Township Southern Shan State Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
A visit to the local 5-day rotating farmer's market - where the hill tribes like the PaO people do their shopping - is something not to be missed at Inle Lake in Myanmar. Enjoy flattened rice cakes and juice directly out of the coconut while...
Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
I arrive at Nyaung Shwe, Inle Lake’s main development, in the dead of night and immediately book myself into a boat tour of the lake, wondering aloud if the notorious Nayar, a mythical dragon with four legs, still patrols the waters. An old man...
Kamaryut, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
There are many characters in Yangon, but none more fabulous than the Fabulous Mr. Kyi who has the most remarkable store, jammed pack with antiques, almost antiques, folk art, real art and curious. It's tucked down a side street off of Than Lwin...
Kun Chan Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Bring a passport (supposedly -- no one asked for mine) and a $1 bill to the station master's office on platform 7 of the Yangon Central Train Station. The ticket-taker will show you and a few other tourist-travelers onto the Circular Railway....
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now