Collected by asegami
Kaung Daing Village Nyaung Shwe Township Southern Shan State Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
A visit to the local 5-day rotating farmer's market - where the hill tribes like the PaO people do their shopping - is something not to be missed at Inle Lake in Myanmar. Enjoy flattened rice cakes and juice directly out of the coconut while...
Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
I arrive at Nyaung Shwe, Inle Lake’s main development, in the dead of night and immediately book myself into a boat tour of the lake, wondering aloud if the notorious Nayar, a mythical dragon with four legs, still patrols the waters. An old man...
Kamaryut, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
There are many characters in Yangon, but none more fabulous than the Fabulous Mr. Kyi who has the most remarkable store, jammed pack with antiques, almost antiques, folk art, real art and curious. It's tucked down a side street off of Than Lwin...
Kun Chan Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Bring a passport (supposedly -- no one asked for mine) and a $1 bill to the station master's office on platform 7 of the Yangon Central Train Station. The ticket-taker will show you and a few other tourist-travelers onto the Circular Railway....
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 3Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 4News and OpeningsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes