Collected by Pati D-W
New spots to check out this trip
Amarapura, Myanmar (Burma)
Mandalay. We flew there to see Amarapura, the ancient royal city for one reason: the old teak walkway without nails, which symbolizes the simplicity and Buddhist flavor of life in Myanmar (Burma). In the late afternoon, we strolled across U Bein...
No. 417 corner of 63 and, 22nd St, Mandalay 00952, Myanmar (Burma)
This monastery was built by King Mindon in the 19th century. It is known for its teak carvings of Buddhist myths, which adorn its walls and roofs and is the single remaining major structure of the original wooden Royal Palace today.
Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
Traditional Burmese puppets for sale in a woodcarving shop in Mandalay, Myanmar. This shop is located in the Kyauksittan quarter of Mandalay, which is known for its many stone-carving workshops. The Burmese make some of the finest handicrafts in...
Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
The secret to having a good time in Bagan has nothing to do with getting there - all that takes is faith in a Burmese pilot and his ancient aircraft, or an unwavering belief that your 13-hour bus ride from Yangon will actually deliver you to the...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum