Collected by Diane Hohmann
Strand Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
If you're looking for an authentic shopping experience, you can do worse than the Night Market at the Botataung Paya. The Paya, located near the river in Southern Rangoon, is one of the city's grandest sights lit up at night. On the Paya grounds...
39 Golden Valley, ရန်ကုန်, Myanmar (Burma)
Located in the area of Yangon known as 'Golden Valley,' the Mangosteen Mansion is an artisan workshop, gallery and showroom as well as the 20 year residence and work-space of famed French sculpture artist and designer Patrick Robert. In addition...
92 Strand Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Have a draught Dagon (the local Myanmar beer) at the bar of the venerable Strand Hotel in Yangon. Built in 1901 by the Sarkies brothers who were also responsible for the Raffles in Singapore and the E and O in Penang, the bar with its efficient...
Ngapali Beach, Myanmar (Burma)
I have been known to be the Goldilocks of the Beaches - never able to find the one that fits me perfectly. In Myanmar, I found the perfect beach for me. I almost don’t want to talk about it. I would prefer it to remain just as it is, with few...
80 University Avenue, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma), Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Dining venues that really scale the highest of international standards are few and far between in Yangon. One such options, however, is the long-standing Le Planteur. Set in a mansion with a lovely garden, the restaurant specialises in intricate...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet