Collected by Diane Hohmann
Strand Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
If you're looking for an authentic shopping experience, you can do worse than the Night Market at the Botataung Paya. The Paya, located near the river in Southern Rangoon, is one of the city's grandest sights lit up at night. On the Paya grounds...
39 Golden Valley, ရန်ကုန်, Myanmar (Burma)
Located in the area of Yangon known as 'Golden Valley,' the Mangosteen Mansion is an artisan workshop, gallery and showroom as well as the 20 year residence and work-space of famed French sculpture artist and designer Patrick Robert. In addition...
92 Strand Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Have a draught Dagon (the local Myanmar beer) at the bar of the venerable Strand Hotel in Yangon. Built in 1901 by the Sarkies brothers who were also responsible for the Raffles in Singapore and the E and O in Penang, the bar with its efficient...
Ngapali Beach, Myanmar (Burma)
I have been known to be the Goldilocks of the Beaches - never able to find the one that fits me perfectly. In Myanmar, I found the perfect beach for me. I almost don’t want to talk about it. I would prefer it to remain just as it is, with few...
80 University Avenue, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma), Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Dining venues that really scale the highest of international standards are few and far between in Yangon. One such options, however, is the long-standing Le Planteur. Set in a mansion with a lovely garden, the restaurant specialises in intricate...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands