Collected by debi alley
Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
I arrive at Nyaung Shwe, Inle Lake’s main development, in the dead of night and immediately book myself into a boat tour of the lake, wondering aloud if the notorious Nayar, a mythical dragon with four legs, still patrols the waters. An old man...
Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
The secret to having a good time in Bagan has nothing to do with getting there - all that takes is faith in a Burmese pilot and his ancient aircraft, or an unwavering belief that your 13-hour bus ride from Yangon will actually deliver you to the...
Nyaung-U, Myanmar (Burma)
You do not want to miss this. We were lucky to be the only two individuals chosen from the standby list on the day we flew over Bagan. The experience is as cerebral as it is exhilarating. The company that operates Balloons Over Bagan makes the...
Kaung Daing Village Nyaung Shwe Township Southern Shan State Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
A visit to the local 5-day rotating farmer's market - where the hill tribes like the PaO people do their shopping - is something not to be missed at Inle Lake in Myanmar. Enjoy flattened rice cakes and juice directly out of the coconut while...
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 3Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 4News and OpeningsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes