My Time in Scandinavia
Collected by Allison Murray, AFAR Contributor
Øster Voldgade 4A, 1350 København, Denmark
Unfortunately I spent most of our trip to Copenhagen in soggy tennis shoes cursing the weather and complaining that we couldn’t picnic in the rose gardens of Rosenborg castle. To escape a sudden downpour we hustled inside the castle to quickly dry...
BRAHEHUS 1, 563 91 Gränna, Sweden
Spontaneous road trips have always been a favorite form of getaway, so when the opportunity arose in Sweden I jumped at the chance. With a local friend as our guide, we made pit stops that would rival most destinations back home. Stopping at the...
Kalpaka bulvāris 13, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
You wouldn't know it at-a-glance, but this Neo-Gothic style national monument is a former military building and now Riga's Academy of Arts. We happened to walk in and without a word some nice woman lead us up the stairs. Happy to escape the cold,...
Doma laukums 1, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Now that I'm back in California, I can feel nostalgic about this extremely cold trip to Latvia. Our exploration of Riga consisted of wandering during breaks in the storm, but we still managed to see a lot of the city. Don't let the snow slow you...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna