My Places n Spaces
Collected by Kate Stevenson
Man Mo Temple, 124-126 Hollywood Rd, Tai Ping Shan, Hong Kong
After exploring Man Mo Temple we smelled of incense for days – which was actually quite nice compared to the smells wafting up from the butcher shop below our room in Fortress Hill. And like, a lot of other unidentified smells on the streets...
Hoca Paşa Mahallesi, 34110 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey
This was my official welcome to Turkey. After taking the train from the airport to our new home in Istanbul - the area Gulhane - we ducked into a tiny cafe on a quiet corner for a coffee. Not only was the cup and saucer bright and beautiful, the...
Karatarla Mah., Şahinbey Mahallesi, Elmacı Çk No:4, 01960 Şahinbey/Gaziantep, Turkey
In Gaziantep, the undisputed Turkish capital of pistachios, you won't walk a block without seeing a baklava shop. In the old town bazaar, I went to Güllüoglu, which has been serving the sweets for 150 years. Just as I was about to dig into my...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico