My Old Kentucky Home
Collected by Katie Wimpari
As a traveler, I look for sites and experiences that are distinct and intricately meaningful. With this in mind, I went to the woods. My typical National Park experience has been that of crowded campsites, overbearing tour guides, and a feeling of...
Red River Gorge, Kentucky 40387, USA
Red River Gorge will forever hold a special place for me. It is the perfect step away from Cincinnati. The trails, views, animals, and experience is so clean and open. Definitely check out: Miguel's Pizza Rockhouse Grey's Arch Trail Rough Trail...
John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge, Covington, KY 41011, USA
My favorite bridge!! So, so beautiful. The John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge spans the Ohio River between Cincinnati, Ohio and Covington, Kentucky. Built by Johann August Roebling and was the model for the Brooklyn Bridge. A must see view of the...
1273 Midway Rd, Hickman, KY 42050, USA
Midway, Kentucky, was one of five or six small towns that died out when the work of farmhands was taken over by machines on the farms in Fulton County, Kentucky, and neighboring Lake County, Tennessee. All that's left of Midway (halfway between...
Gratz Park, Lexington, KY 40507, USA
Only a block from the downtown plaza hotels, Gratz Park Historic District is definitely a must-do walkabout in Lexington, Kentucky. Pick up a free map, and wander around the several blocks of landmark brick and wood homes dating from the 18th and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands