My " No Ka Oi" Faves Maui, Hawaii
Collected by Michelle M. Winner, AFAR Local Expert
Maui is magical. Why else would so many who think they are coming to visit, simply decide to stay permanently and never leave?
2525 Kaanapali Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
In an island area of West Maui that draws many transplants and seasonal employees, Dale Simonson’s longevity at 40 years behind a bar is amazing. But top that with his expertise at making tropical drinks and his friendly attitude and the Tiki Bar...
1813 Baldwin Ave, Makawao, HI 96768, USA
If you’re looking for tropical tranquility, bypass Maui’s buzzy resort enclaves and head away from the coast to the island’s laid-back Upcountry. At Lumeria, a 24-room wellness retreat, visitors can start the day with a guided...
130 Kai Malina Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
I like to drink where I sleep. A sunset cocktail, a nice dinner, perhaps a stroll along the beach and I am ready for bed and the next day’s adventure in paradise. I also like accommodations on the ocean that are fully equipped and feel like a...
2580 Kekaa Dr #115, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Skyline Eco-Adventures offers zipline on five islands, with two, the Haleakala and Ka'anapali on Maui. As you might expect they provide completely different experiences. Ziplining as sport adventure is becoming ubiquitous around the world....
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village