Collected by Annie Shustrin , AFAR Local Expert
A collection of the places I loved most in Nicaragua - my favorite Central American country thus far.
Barrio frente sur. De casa dragon, 50 m a mano izquierda, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I am a sucker for a sunset view. And I couldn't have asked for a better view than the one I had at Buena Onda Backpackers, a small hostel up a hill near the center of San Juan del Sur. Hammocks and couches adorn the polished wood deck that...
As a New Yorker, I always try to check out the main park or square in every city I visit. It's often the gathering place for people, for food, and for culture. Parque Central in Grenada is just that. I could have sat here for hours watching people...
Calle Atravesada, Granada, Nicaragua
The central market in Grenada is an unforgettable sensory experience. Its narrow pathways make wandering through the aisles of fruits and vegetables, sauces, meats, and trinkets an intense experience. The sweet scent of mangoes is enticing as is...
Santa Cruz, Nicaragua
Finca del Sol is a working organic farm located in Santa Cruz on Ometepe Island. As there are only 3 cabins on the property, quiet time is not hard to come by. Owners Cristiano and Sheri have built every structure on the farm themselves using...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall