Collected by Annie Shustrin
A collection of the places I loved most in Nicaragua - my favorite Central American country thus far.
Barrio frente sur. De casa dragon, 50 m a mano izquierda, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I am a sucker for a sunset view. And I couldn't have asked for a better view than the one I had at Buena Onda Backpackers, a small hostel up a hill near the center of San Juan del Sur. Hammocks and couches adorn the polished wood deck that...
Ave Vega, Granada, Nicaragua
As a New Yorker, I always try to check out the main park or square in every city I visit. It's often the gathering place for people, for food, and for culture. Parque Central in Grenada is just that. I could have sat here for hours watching people...
Calle Atravesada, Granada, Nicaragua
The central market in Grenada is an unforgettable sensory experience. Its narrow pathways make wandering through the aisles of fruits and vegetables, sauces, meats, and trinkets an intense experience. The sweet scent of mangoes is enticing as is...
Santa Cruz, Nicaragua
Finca del Sol is a working organic farm located in Santa Cruz on Ometepe Island. As there are only 3 cabins on the property, quiet time is not hard to come by. Owners Cristiano and Sheri have built every structure on the farm themselves using...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security