My Japan Adventure List
Collected by Erin Bogar, AFAR Local Expert
Niseko, Abuta District, Hokkaido, Japan
In Niseko, mountain ranges, lakes, wildlife, and volcanoes—including the dormant Fuji doppelganger Mount Yotei—are the main attraction. The area is known for fresh powder skiing and snowboarding, which is best followed by a soak in...
Lake Chūzenji, Chugushi, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture 321-1661, Japan
The Chuzenji Temple in Oku-nikko, Tochigi Prefecture, was originally founded in 784 by a Buddhist monk known as Shodo-shonin and is located on the shore of Lake Chuzenji, which is approximately 1,300 meters above sea level. In the middle of the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now