Collected by Andrea Rip , AFAR Local Expert
Thomassin 32, rue Aime Bastien, Port-au-Prince, Haiti
GLA Orphanage is an amazing place in Petionville, Haiti (up in the hills from Port-au-Prince), where children are cared for until adoptive parents are matched and united with each other. The Orphanage is always looking for volunteer groups who can...
Route de Kenscoff, Haiti
Entering Port-au-Prince via the airport is a bit daunting. Each member of our group, who travelled from Miami together, were happy that we had a ride waiting for us. With a security guard in our vehicle, there was no doubt that we had entered a...
De Rouvilleweg, Willemstad, Curaçao
Equally brilliant to the Dutch colonial cityscape of Willemstad, Curaçao during the day is the view across the water at night. This cruise port city knows how to attract tourists and keep them fascinated with bright lights! A fairly safe and...
Sha Caprileskade, Willemstad, Curaçao
Near the pontoon bridge in Handelskade in Willemstad, wooden boats from Venezuela dock alongside the canal, and vendors here sell just-caught fish and tropical fruits and vegetables (plantains, citrus, papayas, avocados) directly from the quay...
Landhuis Blaauw z/n, Willemstad, Curaçao
My trip to Curaçao was a reprieve from too much overtime and a desire to warm up while checking out the scenery under the water to my heart's content. I arrived at Blue Bay with a group from my hotel for a day of sun soaked snorkeling - and I was...
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 3 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 4 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 5 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You’ll Probably Have to Quarantine as List Hits Record High