My big, fat Greek vacation
Collected by Adriana Yampey, AFAR Local Expert
I spent an amazing week in Santorini and what I found is that it's a place with magical sunsets and sunrises, fabulous food and great outdoor activities.
Oia 847 02, Greece
This little private church is probably the most photographed stop in Oia. Our rented house was right next to it but lower on the steps so we could see lots of people getting lots of photos. Married couples would take their photos next to it,...
Μέσα Βουνό, Σαντορίνη 847 00, Greece
A Greek , a Serbian, an English, and an American got together in this multi-cultural group to form this successful enterprise that hopes to enliven an otherwise blend domestic beer-drinking scene. The equipment was imported from Austria and housed...
Thera 847 00, Greece
This is a very little museum, a display really, but it's worth seeing in my opinion. It's in the center of Fira by the huge line of people waiting to get on the funicular. Rather than waiting in line, in scorching heat, for who knows how long...
Agiou Mina, Thira 847 00, Greece
Another great museum to visit in Fira is Santozeum. It houses the frescoes discovered in Akrotiri at the excavated archaeological site. Completely empty at the time of our visit...people just past by it not even giving it a though which is too bad...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 5 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season