Must-See Architectural Showpieces in Beijing
With its rapid development, China's capital city has become a playground for leading architects from across the globe. The 2008 Summer Olympics, in particular, brought a frenzy of construction. The spectacle used 37 venues, 12 of which were purpose-built, and today visitors can still marvel at such monuments as the Bird's Nest, the Water Cube, and the Golden Egg.
- 1Epic TripsArticleWhy You Should Explore Tokyo with AFAR Experiences
- 2Travel TipsArticleThe Serious Traveler’s Guide to the Gig Economy
- 3Expedition CruisesArticleWhy You Don’t Need to Overcome Every Travel Fear
- 4Style and DesignArticleHow an Alien Landscape Became Mexico City’s Modernist Mecca
- 5Tips + NewsArticleChoose Your Own Scottsdale Instagram AdventureSponsored by Experience Scottsdale