Collected by AFAR Explorer
Khumjung 56000, Nepal
Going to Mount Everest is an experience that will leave you in awe of how big everything is in the Himalaya. Sleeping at 16,000+ feet is without a doubt a highlight not to be missed when in Tibet. Make sure you are reasonably fit and spend many...
Seeing the Victoria Falls is truly amazing. I've been lucky enough to view the falls from both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides, and I have to say that I am partial to the Zim side. Better value for money, unique lodges and camps and better views...
Sjøgata 21, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
But bring a change of underwear (or two), as "the night" in Tromsø lasts from November 21 until January 21, with the short dawn bringing stunning light conditions. Despite the dark, the town is alive with festivals and cultural events, with an...
Praça Iaiá García, 160 - Ribeira, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 21930-040, Brazil
Based on volume of water, Guanabara Bay is the largest bay in the world. The shape of the bay and surrounding granite monolith mountains (including iconic Sugarloaf Mountain) was formed by erosion of the Atlantic Ocean, and it is that fantastic...
La Escondida, Mich., Mexico
How often do we get to see the formation of a volcano? To be fair, these days the volcano is dormant, but it was formed less than 100 years ago. It sprang to life in 1943 in a farmer's backyard in Mexico and erupted for 9 years, finally leaving a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter