Collected by Sandy Allen, AFAR Local Expert
Museums, parks, and natural attractions.
1316 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
The Key West Butterfly Conservatory is home to over 50 different species of butterflies. Take a walk along the exotic environment and have fun trying to keep track of all the different birds and butterflies you see along the way. Before you go be...
1 Dali Blvd, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
When in America, the Dali Museum is the place to see the works of the Spanish artist Salvador Dali. The lovely waterfront museum houses the largest collection outside of Spain including: 96 oil paintings, over 100 watercolors and drawings, 1,300...
40 Crow Lane, Hamilton HM GX, Bermuda
The Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute is a great place to dive into Bermuda’s seafaring past. In addition to showcasing Bermudian contributions to oceanography, the museum offers special presentations and displays on shipwrecks, fish and...
6 Verdmont Lane, Bermuda
With four chimneys, three floors, and one of Bermuda’s finest cedar stairways, the Verdmont House Museum holds a collection of antique mahogany and cedar furniture as well as oil paintings, Chinese and English porcelain, and Georgian silver made...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun