Collected by Chris Suber
Hirschgarten 1, 80639 München, Germany
The Royal Hirschgarten, – normally just referred to as the Hirschgarten (Deer Garden) is Europe's largest beer garden, with seating for an incredible 8000 people! Its' original purpose was to serve as hunting grounds for Munich's nobility. Part of...
Hackenstraße 6-8, 80331 München, Germany
Just a few minutes drive from Munich's BMW Welt, I knew this restaurant was an authentic gem when I meandered in and was greeted by a large table of smiling Germans. Dressed in Lederhosens and Dirndls, they were toasting with German beers and...
Rindermarkt 1, 80331 München, Germany
On a clear day, head to St. Peter’s in the heart of Munich’s Old Town and get ready to climb. Visitors can ascend 306 stairs to a lookout that wraps around the church’s clocktower. After braving the narrow staircase, you’re rewarded with bird’...
Platzl 9, 80331 München, Germany
Germans, especially Bavarians (who are or are not Germans, depending on whom you talk to) love eating their meat and potatoes. While there, I went for a giant joint of pork with kartoffel (potato) salad. Nobody does fresh potato salad better....
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 2Where to Go in FallThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 3Where to Go in FallEurope’s Most Overlooked Region Is Ready for Its Close-Up
- 4Food + DrinkTokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen)
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World