Collected by Lindsey Arita
Platzl 9, 80331 München, Germany
Germans, especially Bavarians (who are or are not Germans, depending on whom you talk to) love eating their meat and potatoes. While there, I went for a giant joint of pork with kartoffel (potato) salad. Nobody does fresh potato salad better....
Theresienhöhe 7, 80339 München, Germany
Hacker-Pschorr brings a part of Bavarian brewing history back to life by utilizing two copper brewing kettles which are over 70 years old but have been restored. This combined with selected ingredients and compliance with the Bavarian Purity Law...
Nymphenburger Str. 2, 80335 München, Germany
Cozy traditional-style pub? Elegant dining? A rooftop terrace overlooking the beer garden? Löwenbräu (lion's brew) has them all. Try a Russ (50% white beer) or a Radler (50% beer) and 50% lemonade on a hot summer day—how refreshing!
One of Munich's loveliest beer gardens, the Waldwirtschaft, "WaWi" for short, is located in southern Munich on the banks of the Isar River. Many people cycle or walk to it, stop for a drink, then return along the Isar. It's also famous for its...
- 1Travel NewsTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3PhotographySweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer