Collected by Michelle Kovalski
Blumenstraße 4, 80331 München, Germany
Located in Munich's Altstadt, or old town city center, Schrannenhalle is a long, beautiful, wrought iron & glass market hall filled with gourmet food and wine. Originally dating to the 19th century, Schrannenhalle was recently rebuilt as an...
Viktualienmarkt 3, 80331 München, Germany
Wander around the outdoor Viktualienmarkt in Munich and you become overwhelmed by the sights and the smells of the open-air market. It is hard for us to understand that this is how the locals do their day-to-day shopping. The smells draw you in...
Neuhauser Str. 6, 80333 München, Germany
This 16th century church is in downtown Munich, and, other than its amazing architecture and ceiling paintings, it is also where King Ludwig II of Bavaria rests. The mad king drowned in 1886, close to his fairy tale castle Neuschwanstein. The...
Karlspl., München, Germany
Karlsplatz, the city center nicknamed Stachus after a pub Beim Stachus, is home to local life and history, making it the perfect place to start exploring Munich. Around this central hub you'll find that farmers' markets, historical interest...
Marienplatz 1, 80331 München, Germany
Milchstraße 17, 81667 München, Germany
This tiny cocktail bar is overflowing with cozy charm—warm lighting, retro fittings and savvy staff. A hidden-German-gem for rum lovers, their drinks come crafted from fresh fruit and top shelf spirits. Stop in for a drink or arrange to take a bar...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles