Collected by Claire Jarreau
Bhulbhule 33600, Nepal
One of the classic treks of the world, the Annapurna Circuit takes backpackers through a variety of landscapes, climates and even cultures, from the low lying Hindu villages to the stark Buddhist hilltop towns. The trek is breathtaking — sometimes...
Phewa Lake, Pokhara 33700, Nepal
There was a rumor of epic mountain views in Pokhara. My travel partner and I arrived in the town full of excitement and anticipation for the beautiful Annapurna Mountain range. We settled into our hotel, explored the city and peeked around every...
Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
In mid-May I spent a day kayaking in the idyllic Milford Sound—my first day in New Zealand. The water was cool and clean and the fog gave the Sound a mysterious feel. Kayaking offered the opportunity to get up close with some playful fur seal...
Kot 1, 5230 Bovec, Slovenia
Do no miss out on the pristine mountain town of Bovec if you're in Slovenia, Austria or Northern Italy (it's very accessible from all 3). Situated between several rivers and valleys, Bovec perfectly combines serenity and adventure. I highly...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village