Cruise ships often sail past the village of Le Carbet, near where Christopher Columbus briefly landed in 1502. Nearly three centuries later, the village became the temporary home of French artist Paul Gauguin, who spent six months here painting...
As you sail along the coast of Martinique, keep an eye open for the village of Bellefontaine on the northwest coast of the island to see if you can spot the Torgiléo. This unique house and former restaurant is easy to find—it's shaped...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum