Collected by Andrea Wiener
Rahba Kedima, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
I sampled tagines from a half-dozen places in Marrakesh, including fancy restaurants, and the succulent chicken tagine at Bakshish, an unassuming and bohemian-flavored café in the souk, topped them all. It’s a nice spot to take a break from...
2 Place Batha, Fes 30206, Morocco
Over a sultan's feast of pastilla, marinated salads, tajines, and pastries at La Maison Bleue in the Fès medina, my husband and I were spellbound by the haunting voice of this oud player. The melancholy cadence of his instrument coalesced with the...
Derb Assehbi, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
We found Morocco to be beautiful, intriguing, and overwhelming. We would hit the square all day then go relax at our secluded riad about 30 km south of all the chaos. One thing we knew we absolutely had to do was learn how to cook with all the...
7 Derb el Magana, Fes, Morocco
When Mike Richardson exploded onto the fairly limited Fes dining scene in 2007, he took the medina by storm. Suddenly there was someplace where locals, tourists, and a handful of resident expats could convene. They came to view exhibitions by...
87 Derb Moulay Abdul Kader, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
At Riad El Cadi on the outskirts of old town Marrakech, we learned about spices and traditional cooking techniques. Here you can see my little cooking station where they laid out all the colorful spices. Here we're blanching almonds to stuff into...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village