More Kiel Canal See/Do
Ships enter the Kiel Canal at the mouth of the mighty Elbe River, on whose south bank sits the resort town of Cuxhaven. The Kugelbake there is a famous 30-meter-tall (100-foot-tall) wooden navigational tower that looks like a quirky sculpture. The...
At the entrance to the Kiel Fjord, a 72-meter-tall (236-foot-tall), brick-clad monument soars over the water. Built in the '30s to honor Imperial German sailors and inaugurated by Hitler, the Laboe Naval Memorial was left untouched by the Allies....
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May