More Kiel Canal See/Do
Ships enter the Kiel Canal at the mouth of the mighty Elbe River, on whose south bank sits the resort town of Cuxhaven. The Kugelbake there is a famous 30-meter-tall (100-foot-tall) wooden navigational tower that looks like a quirky sculpture. The...
At the entrance to the Kiel Fjord, a 72-meter-tall (236-foot-tall), brick-clad monument soars over the water. Built in the '30s to honor Imperial German sailors and inaugurated by Hitler, the Laboe Naval Memorial was left untouched by the Allies....
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign