montreux things to do
Collected by Dhabia Almehairbi
Quai Perdonnet 25, 1800 Vevey, Switzerland
In 1875, Daniel Peter invented milk chocolate here in this tiny Lake Geneva hamlet. Today, there's a museum dedicated to the history of food—the Alimentarium, and a giant fork sticking conspicuously out of the lake commemorating its presence. Be...
Route du Village 11, 1807 Blonay, Switzerland
Restaurant Les Fougères in Ondallaz up from the village of Blonay is a hidden gem for those who want to taste local specialties. I highly recommend visiting during hunting season where the menu reflects a variety of game. Similarly, during winter...
Tucked away off the main street of the 400-year-old Swiss village of Gruyeres - that's right, where they make the cheese - is an unusual museum, macabre and surreal, filled with monsters and semi-humans and furniture that is alive - biomechanical...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun