Collected by AFAR Explorer
Gay Village, Montreal, QC, Canada
It’s not a derogatory name. It’s really called The Gay Village. Or simply, the Village. The Village runs roughly from the Berri-Uqam to Papineau metro for almost 2 kilometers along Sainte-Catherine Street, making it the largest area of its kind in...
3670 Boul St-Laurent, Montréal, QC H2X 2V4, Canada
Yes, there is Old Montreal and the shops of rue Sainte-Catherine. But Montreal is much more, especially in the Plateau Mont-Royal neighborhood, a place famous for its alternative atmosphere. Here you find tons of street art, each piece more...
Marché Bonsecours, Montréal, QC H2Y, Canada
The Bonsecours Market is hard to miss, whether you are walking around Montréal's historic center or looking at the skyline from the harbor. A silver dome caps the long building, which dates from 1844 and was modeled on Dublin's Customs...
364 Rue de la Commune E, Montréal, QC H2Y 1J3, Canada
Secluded from Old Montreal's main road, Terrasses Bonsecours looks like a secret. Consisting of four terraces that overlook Old Montreal and downtown, this upmarket bistro and club is a great place to start a night of partying. It's normally...
343 Rue Saint Paul Est, Montréal, QC H2Y 1H3, Canada
Rustic elegance is the order of the day at La Champagnerie, a champagne-only bar in Old Montreal. Between the delicious cocktails, heaven-sent food, and exposed brick walls of this historic building, the drinking experience will be memorable. The...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys