Collected by Doug Yates
1127 Avenue du Mont-Royal E, Montréal, QC H2J 1X9, Canada
The Montreal bagels at one of the best known bagel shops in the city, St. Viateur, lived up to the hype. Although the actual shop had no seating and was a hole in the wall, the bagels were delicious. Montreal bagels are distinctive in that they...
7070 Avenue Henri-Julien, Montréal, QC H2S 3S3, Canada
333 Rue de la Commune O, Montréal, QC H2Y 2E2, Canada
If you visit Montreal over the winter holidays, I advise anyone who wants to keep his/her blood flowing to go ice skating. Not only will it keep your fingers from turning into popsicles, but also it will allow you to take in the beautiful view of...
110 Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montréal, QC H2Y 1T2, Canada
A church—or, at least, a small chapel—has stood on the site of the Basilica of Notre-Dame since shortly after Ville-Marie (Montréal's predecessor) was founded in 1642. The current building, however, dates to 1829 and was...
106 Rue Saint-Paul O, Montréal, QC H2Y 1Z3, Canada
Named after a famous Montreal poet, the Nelligan exudes European elegance but with a twist that only Old Montreal can offer. The building itself is over 100 years old, and it's located just steps from historic Place Royale—the first public square...
Rue de la Commune Ouest & Rue McGill, Montréal, QC H3C, Canada
Bota Bota began its life on the water as a ferryboat. Then called the Arthur Cardin, it sailed between the cities of Sorel and Berthier, just east of Montreal, back in the 1950s. Many years later, someone had the idea to transform this mothballed...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now