Collected by onnalee macdonald, AFAR Staff
2425 Boulevard Gouin E, Montréal, QC H2B 1X7, Canada
At the northern extreme of the island of Montreal you’ll find some of the city’s most stunning walking grounds. Parc nature de l’île de la Visitation is right on the riverbank of Rivière des Prairies, offering views of rapids and small islands and...
351 Rue Saint-Paul O, Montréal, QC H2Y 2A7, Canada
900 Boulevard René-Lévesque O, Montréal, QC H3B 4A5, Canada
This hotel is near the train station, Old Montreal, and downtown, and it boasts a 60-year history. Many official and unofficial members of the British Royalty have stayed here, but a particular pair left quite an impression: In 1969 John Lennon...
732 Rue Sainte-Catherine O, Montréal, QC H3B 1B9, Canada
Les Trois Brasseurs (literally The Three Brewers) formed in Northern France in the late 1980s and aimed to recreate the tradition of small-scale beer-making, all while offering tasty, local dishes. Mission accomplished! An authentic microbrewery...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter