Collected by John Newton, AFAR Contributor
José Ellauri 350, 11300 Montevideo, Uruguay
The Punta Carretas neighborhood is home to the Parque Rodó, a stretch of the waterfront Rambla, and one of Montevideo’s more unusual shopping malls. Punta Carretas Shopping is located inside a former women’s prison. There’s a selection of familiar...
Dr Tristán Narvaja 1545, 11200 Montevideo, Uruguay
If you are in Montevideo on a Sunday, the Feria Tristán Narvaja is one of the city’s most popular flea markets where shoppers with sharp eyes can pick up some rare finds. You’ll find the market on Calle Dr. Tristán Narvaja in the Cordón...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun