Collected by Kevin Favro , AFAR Contributor
631 S Higgins Ave, Missoula, MT 59801, USA
Montana gets pretty darn cold in the winter, but the Big Dipper ice cream shop never shuts its doors. From traditional scoops to thick shakes, everyone can get their fill—even when the snow is falling. Mobbed with runners, bikers, tourists, and...
Improvement District No. 9, AB T0L, Canada
Mountains are awesome, in every sense of the word. There’s no better way to experience the full glory of the Canadian Rockies than by taking an eight-minute ride up Sulphur Mountain on the Banff Gondola. Just a short drive from the center of...
100 Mountain Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1B2, Canada
This is another fun adventure that's not strenuous in Banff. Take a gondola up Mt. Sulphur. That building in the photo is where the gondola comes in. Then you can walk along a boardwalk up to the summit, from where you have panoramic views of the...
Lake Agnes, Lake Louise, AB T0L 1E0, Canada
Not actually on Lake Louise, but atop a nearby mountain, is a small wooden tea house overlooking another, much smaller lake. With a week still to go before it opened for the summer months, the views outside were still impressive.
British Columbia V0A, Canada
Often overlooked by it's more famous neighbors, there are oodles of beautiful things to see and do in Kootenay National Park - just the drive down Highway 93 alone is absolutely breathtaking. The short hike to the paint pots is an easy trail to...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum