Collected by Kevin Favro , AFAR Contributor
631 S Higgins Ave, Missoula, MT 59801, USA
Montana gets pretty darn cold in the winter, but the Big Dipper ice cream shop never shuts its doors. From traditional scoops to thick shakes, everyone can get their fill—even when the snow is falling. Mobbed with runners, bikers, tourists, and...
100 Mountain Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1B2, Canada
This is another fun adventure that's not strenuous in Banff. Take a gondola up Mt. Sulphur. That building in the photo is where the gondola comes in. Then you can walk along a boardwalk up to the summit, from where you have panoramic views of the...
Improvement District No. 9, AB T0L, Canada
You know how everything tastes better after a good, long hike? With Lake Louise behind us, my husband and I continued our chilly trek in the Canadian Rockies. After 5 miles and a 1,204 foot elevation gain, our faces were numb with cold and our...
British Columbia V0A, Canada
Often overlooked by it's more famous neighbors, there are oodles of beautiful things to see and do in Kootenay National Park - just the drive down Highway 93 alone is absolutely breathtaking. The short hike to the paint pots is an easy trail to...
200 Sentinel Rd, Lake Louise, AB T0L 1E0, Canada
I have always had a fascination with train stations, especially historic ones. The train might be my favorite mode of transportation because it often takes you to places remote—but slowly, affording you the time to absorb what you're seeing. This...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign