Collected by Carolyn Lieberman
Sukhbaatar District Administration Bldg, Sukhbaatar District, Mongolia
After a few days of Mongolian comfort food, you might want a little spice. And why not try out Ulaanbaatar's best (and possibly only) North Korean restaurant? Do not be deterred by the fact that the menu descriptions are a little vague and that...
Gobi Desert Dr, Palm Desert, CA 92211, USA
While in Mongolia, you will likely have the opportunity to stay with a nomadic family. It's a fantastic experience that I can't recommend highly enough. However, in order to be a respectful guest- it's important to understand the the ger not just...
Olympic Street, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
The Tumen Ekh Ensemble's nightly performances of folk dance and music are especially powerful because the small venue brings you within a few feet of the artists. In this picture, dancers are recreating part of a Tsam dance, an elaborate Buddhist...
Khoroo 1, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
I wanted to go on a trip that was off the beaten path and so I picked Mongolia. I knew it was going to be quite an effort to get there so I wanted to make the most of it. I timed my trip to coincide with the Naadam Festival which is three day...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now