Modern Architecture in Austria
Collected by Eva Schmiedleitner
Austria made some fascinating additions to its city skylines in the recent years.
Gramartstraße 8, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
The German proverb “Der Weg ist das Ziel“only roughly translates to the English equivalent of “The journey is the reward.” It is however absolutely accurate when it comes to the Hungerburgbahn, a state of the art funicular, which attracts many of...
Murinsel, 8600, Austria
The river Mur traverses the city of Graz in its very heart. While there are no longer boats making their way down towards the Black Sea, the Mur remains a great attraction. In 2003 when the city was named Cultural Capital of Europe, New York based...
Franz Liszt-Platz 1, 7321 Raiding, Austria
6850 Dornbirn, Austria
Vorarlberg, the western-most region of Austria, must have had a visionary architect. The tall mountains and the soft green meadows in between - everything seems in place right where it is today. The province’s inhabitants took this to heart, as...
Arsenalstraße 1, 1030 Wien, Austria
Contemporary art has found a new home in the 21er Haus, Vienna’s newest addition to its buzzing art scene. The structure itself was designed by Austrian architect Karl Schwanzer and is a dream-come-true for any curator of modern art. It is...
Wilhelm-Spazier-Straße 7a, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Hangar-7 in Salzburg is a place you have to see if you love airplanes, cars, art, food, and/or architecture. It is located right at the Salzburg airport. The Red Bull co-founder and CEO is the founder of this amazing place. It's not only the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna