Collected by Cristina Sartori
There are no bugs. Weather is perfect and the water is glassy. The sweet scent of flowers and the lilting of birds are everywhere. When I go horseback riding on the beach in the late afternoon, the sun casts long shadows on the sand. Mussel shells...
Benguerra Island, Mozambique
On Benguerra Island in the Bazaruto Archipelago, Azura is made up of 16 white-walled villas with pitched thatch roofs. Each villa has an unobstructed view that extends from the sand out to the sea. In the evening, recline on a wicker chair with a...
Matutuíne District, Maputo, Mozambique
Travel to Mozambique if you seek good company, unnaturally blue waters and white sandy beaches. Once you've stepped into the Indian Ocean, you'll never want to go near a Floridian beach ever again. Ponta De Ouro is where many South African's flock...
Bazaruto Island, Mozambique
One of Africa’s only surviving colonies of dugong, a cousin to the manatee, lives amid the Bazaruto Archipelago’s curling vines of seaweed. A team of conservationists based at Marlin Lodge monitors the creatures weekly. Guests can participate in...
Sleep is important, but not if you're sleeping through the sun rising over the Mozambique Channel. There's nothing subtle about it, the early morning African sun is breath taking. Its beauty will move you, and its warmth will energize you like...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun