Mittenwald: Germany's Alpine Holiday Hotspots
Collected by Afar Magazine
Where to geek out on violin history, spy lederhosen, and drink like a local in Mittenwald.
Obermarkt 1, 82481 Mittenwald, Germany
The antique furniture is as sturdy as the plates of sausage and cheese served by lederhosen-clad waiters at Hotel Alpenrose, a frescoed inn on the main Obermarkt plaza. This appeared in the August/September 2014 issue.
In Elmau 2, 82493 Krün, Germany
It’s easy to see Sound of Music parallels at the Schloss Elmau, a sprawling temple of wellness and culture (Turkish baths! Piano concerts! Grassy hills made for yodeling!) surrounded by mountain peaks. This appeared in the August/September 2014...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter