Military Stuff & Locations
Collected by Michael Adubato, AFAR Local Expert
30 Washington Pl, Morristown, NJ 07960, USA
Need to get in shape? What better way than to put in a proper hill run? One of the best places to do it in Morristown is on Fort Nonsense Hill, a Morristown National Historical Park site. The actual fort is long gone, but the strategic aptitude of...
Lintong, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Visiting the famous Terracotta Army was on my bucket list, and I was lucky enough to see it recently. As I entered the first pit, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Right in front of me was the section holding the life-size terracotta warriors all lined...
900 Ohio Dr SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
What I loved most about my recent walk in Washington, D.C., was the Korean War Veterans Memorial, with larger-than-life stainless steel statues of American soldiers caught as though in the middle of war. Located in West Potomac Park, the memorial...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet