Collected by Gretchen Kelly, AFAR Local Expert
Mitre Peak, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Take a look at this mountain about halfway up the sound, on its southern side, and it won't take long to figure out the source of its name. The much-photographed 1,692-meter-high (5,551-foot-high) peak resembles a bishop's headdress. With its...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter