Collected by Gretchen Kelly , AFAR Local Expert
Mitre Peak, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Take a look at this mountain about halfway up the sound, on its southern side, and it won't take long to figure out the source of its name. The much-photographed 1,692-meter-high (5,551-foot-high) peak resembles a bishop's headdress. With its...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign