Collected by Gretchen Kelly , AFAR Local Expert
Mitre Peak, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Take a look at this mountain about halfway up the sound, on its southern side, and it won't take long to figure out the source of its name. The much-photographed 1,692-meter-high (5,551-foot-high) peak resembles a bishop's headdress. With its...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum