Collected by AFAR Explorer
Via Mozart, 14, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
The Villa Necchi Campiglio, just to the east of the historic center of Milan, may look familiar. The house had a turn on the silver screen in the 2009 Italian movie "I Am Love," starring Tilda Swinton. Even if you didn't see the film, anyone...
Via Brera, 28, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Though they are admittedly tiny, the Botanical Gardens in Brera, located behind the Pinacoteca di Brera and the University of Milan, is a hidden oasis in a crowded city. Originally used in the 17th century by the Jesuits to grow and teach others...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights