Collected by Elise Schroeder
Via Santa Radegonda, 16, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
There is a reason the locals line up down the block at this place come lunchtime: the pomodoro panzerotti. It's a perfect little pocket filled with fresh, warm, gooey mozzarella and local tomatoes. I tried several other sweet and savory items...
Piazza del Duomo, Milano MI, Italy
The historic and modern center of the city, the Piazza del Duomo (the square surrounding the cathedral's base) remains a popular meeting place, hangout and hub of Milanese life. Local vendors setup shop (selling fresh coconut in the summer, toys...
Via Filodrammatici, 2, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
La Scala, the world’s most famous opera house, is also home to an elegant restaurant, bar, and tea room. Modern but informal, the traditional dishes are unusually light, delicious, and beautifully prepared. The romantic atmosphere is set by a...
Via Lodovico Castelvetro, 18, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
I consider myself to be a gelato connoisseur, at least in the sense that if I see a gelateria, I will go. It is my very favorite indulgence. I have enjoyed gelato all over Europe and in many cities around Italy, but this was far and away the best....
Via Paolo Sarpi, 20154 Milano MI, Italy
Via Paolo Sarpi is most commonly known as Milan's Chinatown, but the street actually offers a dynamic evening life that crosses different cultural boundaries. One of the most enjoyable ways to spend a Sunday summer night is listening to the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos