Collected by JR
Piazza del Duomo, Milano MI, Italy
The historic and modern center of the city, the Piazza del Duomo (the square surrounding the cathedral's base) remains a popular meeting place, hangout and hub of Milanese life. Local vendors setup shop (selling fresh coconut in the summer, toys...
Piazza del Duomo, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
Designed by Giuseppe Mengoni in 1865, and named after the first king of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele II, an arching cast-iron dome of vaulted glass arcades covers the street connecting Piazza del Duomo to Piazza della Scala. The Galleria is a popular...
A funicular ascends 3000 feet up from Lugano, to the top of Monte Salvatore, for the most beautiful view of Lake Lugano. The Melide Dam, built in 1848, but not seen in this picture, separates the north and south basins of the lake, and acts as a...
Via L. Cadorna, 7, 25058 Sulzano BS, Italy
Skip Lake Garda, overpriced and filled with too many tourists and head directly to Lake Iseo instead. Lesser known, it's peaceful, serene and just as beautiful! Plus, you can get a room at Hotel Rivalago with a lake view like this ...
23900 Lecco, Province of Lecco, Italy
The place where Italians go to vacation. Simple as that. I've been fortunate enough to travel to Europe many times and often to the charming must-go-to destinations. But those who have been there before know that some, most, of the best parts of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map