Collected by Julie Updegraff-Mikols
Rumeli Hisarı, Yahya Kemal Cd., 34470 Sarıyer/İstanbul, Turkey
Most visitors to Istanbul probably don’t realize that there is a fortress there. Located on the western shore of the Bosphorus (just south of Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge) is a fortress that dates back to pre-Ottoman rule. Rumeli Hisarı (“roo-mel-li...
Tafelberg Rd & Caeleway, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
Cape Town's Table Mountain National Park, which hugs the perimeter of the city, is so popular that the line for the cable car to the top can be longer than a queue for a Disneyland ride. But why stand in line when you can put your feet to use?...
Muizenberg, Cape Town, 7945, South Africa
Muizenberg is a fresh air escape. Locaed on Metrorail's Southern Suburbs line, the train journey there cuts through residential suburbs and wetlands. Eventually, you arrive at your destination - the False Bay side of the Cape and the heart of...
71 Wale St, Schotsche Kloof, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Although English is widely spoken throughout South Africa, so is Afrikaans and it has certainly made its way into everyday language. Afrikaans is a daughter language of Dutch, but the influence of other languages and accents transformed it into a...
- 1TSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer