Collected by Greg Sullivan , AFAR Founder
I went to college in the Midwest and have always loved this part of the country.
5751 S Woodlawn Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Located in the basement of the Theological Seminary, the Seminary Co-op is the only bookstore I've encountered where you might actually get lost. It's a basement labyrinth of books where you must duck beneath pipes as you browse the endless, dense...
1044 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201, USA
Bodega is a Short North staple that is a happy hour go-to and weekend brunch hot spot. With its 50 craft brews on draft and over 100 Belgian specialty import beers, it ranks highly among Columbus' beer enthusiasts. They also offer a selection of...
7860 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43235, USA
The Hills Market, a locally owned specialty grocer, embraces "local" foods in a big way. Throughout the week they host pop-up eateries in their veranda seating area. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays, you'll find Darista Cafe serving delicious...
809 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
With 24 hours in Chicago, my friend and I headed straight to Girl and the Goat for the food, the drinks and the scene. We didn't have a reservation but after an hour of waiting, people watching, and having fun at the bar the unthinkable happened...
3600 Heidelberg St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
I know that most people think little of Detroit, Michigan as a getaway destination, but it was during a brief visit to the city that I learned of the Heidelberg Project, an outdoor folk art installation that brings purpose and life to a few urban...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico