Collected by Rita Alves , AFAR Local Expert
Rainbow St., Amman, Jordan
This popular restaurant and bar has one of the best views in Amman. Sitting on the rooftop terrace as the sun dips, guests can see perfectly in almost every direction—all the better to enjoy the glowing Citadel, the bright puffs of a distant...
Wild Jordan, Othman Bin Affan St 36, Amman, Jordan
The commercial arm of the pioneering Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature, the Wild Jordan Center aims to provide income for the rural communities of eight reserves across the country. In addition to a gift shop and tour company, the...
Ad-disi, قرية وادي رم، Jordan
Sometimes the room you sleep in isn’t a room at all, as was the case when I visited Wadi Rum desert in Jordan. Wadi Rum, a UNESCO World Heritage site, has captivated travelers for generations, perhaps most notably T. E. Lawrence, Lawrence of...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum