Collected by Rita Alves , AFAR Local Expert
Rainbow St., Amman, Jordan
A trendy yet relaxed rooftop restaurant and bar in Amman, Cantaloupe offers both indoor and outdoor seating, delicious food, unique cocktails, local and international wines and aerial views overlooking the citadel, nearby mosques and downtown...
Wild Jordan, Othman Bin Affan St 36, Amman, Jordan
You might not expect to find a fine restaurant at a nature conservancy, but the royally supported Wild Jordan Center’s café is a hit. It’s not just the healthy and sustainable Arabic and international foods that draw locals and...
Ad-disi, قرية وادي رم، Jordan
Sometimes the room you sleep in isn’t a room at all, as was the case when I visited Wadi Rum desert in Jordan. Wadi Rum, a UNESCO World Heritage site, has captivated travelers for generations, perhaps most notably T. E. Lawrence, Lawrence of...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May