Deb Herron's Michigan
Collected by Deb Herron
121 N Bridge St, Bellaire, MI 49615, USA
Short's brewery in downtown Bellaire is a great spot for hearty sandwiches and a fantastic array of craft beers. I recommend trying Richard in the Dirt and the Huma-lupa-licious. For sandwiches I'd go with the Rift (a Reuben) or the VooDoo Lady....
Main St, Mackinac Island, MI 49757, USA
When I lived in Michigan as a child, we went to Mackinac Island a few times. I mostly remembered horses and fudge from those trips. This year I took my son and husband, met up with a high school friend and her family who live in the U.P., and...
422 Detroit St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
As soon as I walked into Zingerman’s in Ann Arbor, the rock star of delicatessens, I cried. Much like a 9 yr old girl at a Justin Bieber concert, I simply could not contain myself. EVERYTHING was amazing from the cheese to the bread and even the...
161 Vester Ave, Ferndale, MI 48220, USA
If a bar has the guts not to put any kind of signage outside its door, then you know it's going all chips in on reputation, and I respect that. However, it's not much of a risk for Valentine Distilling Co. When you’re a “Michigan native who gave...
27799 Woodward Ave, Berkley, MI 48072, USA
Vinsetta Garage, the Detroit area's oldest auto repair shop, was recently converted into a hip restaurant and bar. The menu is full of all-American comfort foods, like mac and cheese, pizzas, and burgers. A lot of care has gone into the menu, and...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer