Collected by Debbie Pinkston
Porcupine Mountains, Carp Lake Township, MI 49953, USA
On your way to Porcupine Mountains in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, stop by on Lake Superior shores for an unearthly scene. The water is still, the air quiet, the sun magnificent in its last strokes of the day. Who knew a lake sunset could be so...
Main St, Mackinac Island, MI 49757, USA
When I lived in Michigan as a child, we went to Mackinac Island a few times. I mostly remembered horses and fudge from those trips. This year I took my son and husband, met up with a high school friend and her family who live in the U.P., and...
Munising, MI 49862, USA
After putting in at Miners Beach in the morning for a guided tour of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, we kayaked a leisurely 10-mile round trip stopping for lunch midway before making our return trip to the lovely little beach (above)....
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked