Collected by Michelle Guske
Michelle Guske′s Wishlist
Av. 16 de Septiembre 127, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
If you're nostalgic for the days of five and dime stores like Woolworth's, a stop at Sanborn's will undoubtedly evoke memories of such sundries shops. Sanborns is a chain found throughout Mexico, and its stores in Guadalajara offer the same stock...
Av. Fray Antonio Alcalde 10, Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Built in 1618, the Guadalajara Cathedral plays host to the mummified remains of Santa Inocencia, who, according to legend, was killed in the 1700s by her father, who disapproved of her interest in Catholicism. Local rumors have it that her hair...
Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
With its impressive colonial architecture and its plazas bustling with vendors and passersby, Guadalajara is a lovely city to see by horse-drawn carriage. Carriages line up along the periphery of Plaza de la Liberación, then clip-clop along...
Av. Miguel Hidalgo s/n, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Some of Mexico's most famous artists, musicians, charros, mariachis, and politicians were born in the state of Jalisco, and they are honored in perpetuity at the Rotonda de los Jaliscienses Ilustres (the Pantheon of Illustrious Jaliscans). Urns in...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights