Collected by Michelle Guske
Michelle Guske′s Wishlist
Av. 16 de Septiembre 127, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
If you're nostalgic for the days of five and dime stores like Woolworth's, a stop at Sanborn's will undoubtedly evoke memories of such sundries shops. Sanborns is a chain found throughout Mexico, and its stores in Guadalajara offer the same stock...
Av. Fray Antonio Alcalde 10, Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
You don't need to be Catholic—or even religious—to have a reason to visit Guadalajara's Metropolitan Cathedral. The centuries-old cathedral was built to inspire awe, and not just of the spiritual variety. Baroque, Gothic, Moorish, and Neoclassical...
Calle Pedro Loza 27A, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
With its impressive colonial architecture and its plazas bustling with vendors and passersby, Guadalajara is a lovely city to see by horse-drawn carriage. Carriages line up along the periphery of Plaza de la Liberación, then clip-clop along...
Av. Miguel Hidalgo s/n, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Some of Mexico's most famous artists, musicians, charros, mariachis, and politicians were born in the state of Jalisco, and they are honored in perpetuity at the Rotonda de los Jaliscienses Ilustres (the Pantheon of Illustrious Jaliscans). Urns in...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019