Collected by Michelle Guske
Michelle Guske′s Wishlist
Av. 16 de Septiembre 127, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
If you're nostalgic for the days of five and dime stores like Woolworth's, a stop at Sanborn's will undoubtedly evoke memories of such sundries shops. Sanborns is a chain found throughout Mexico, and its stores in Guadalajara offer the same stock...
Av. Fray Antonio Alcalde 10, Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Built in 1618, the Guadalajara Cathedral plays host to the mummified remains of Santa Inocencia, who, according to legend, was killed in the 1700s by her father, who disapproved of her interest in Catholicism. Local rumors have it that her hair...
Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
With its impressive colonial architecture and its plazas bustling with vendors and passersby, Guadalajara is a lovely city to see by horse-drawn carriage. Carriages line up along the periphery of Plaza de la Liberación, then clip-clop along...
Av. Miguel Hidalgo s/n, Zona Centro, 44100 Guadalajara, Jal., Mexico
Some of Mexico's most famous artists, musicians, charros, mariachis, and politicians were born in the state of Jalisco, and they are honored in perpetuity at the Rotonda de los Jaliscienses Ilustres (the Pantheon of Illustrious Jaliscans). Urns in...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now