MEXICO - Mexico City
Collected by AFAR Explorer - A. Wildgust
José María Pino Suárez 29, Centro Histórico, Centro, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
In the city center (Zocalo) you can explore the colonial architecture, the archeological sites of ancient Aztec civilizations, the adjacent Metropolitan Cathedral, museums and more! The main excavation area was first found by the power company...
Plaza de la Constitución S/N, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Mexico City’s mammoth cathedral was built across three centuries (1573–1813)—starting soon after Cortés and his allies vanquished the Aztec Empire—using stones taken from a destroyed indigenous temple. Today’s...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys