Mexico March '14
Collected by Cristina Luisa
Rent a car and get out on the highways and byways of the Yucatan Peninsula to discover the Maya Kingdom that still exists beyond Cancun's resorts and Chichen Itza's overrun ruins. Maya towns with charming colonial centers and empty ruins dot the...
Av Cto Baluartes, Zona Centro, 24000 Campeche, Camp., Mexico
Campeche is a small city located, in the southwestern portion of the Yucatan Peninsula, along the Gulf of Mexico. After Spanish occupation, pirates and marauders terrorized Campeche until 1686 when a wall was built around the city to protect it....
Ekbalam, Yuc., Mexico
Visitors to the Yucatán and the Riviera Maya never miss Chichen Itza, but there is another hidden and almost unknown archaeological Mayan ruin called Ek’ Balam. Set in jungle, the site is not well known because it was discovered much later than...
Av. Perimetral Ote. Manzana 91, Lote 3, Super lote 2,Super manzana 4, Meteorológico, 77400 Isla Mujeres, Q.R., Mexico
Since Isla Mujeres is just five miles long and a half mile across, the easiest, healthiest, and most enjoyable way to get around is on two wheels. Guided tours are available out of Garrafon Park or you can rent your own bike and explore...
Carretera Garrafón Lote 9 Kilometro 6, Supermanzana 9, 77400 Isla Mujeres, Q.R., Mexico
Cancun is famous for its beaches, but these aren't the area's only natural features. Some of the land surrounding Cancun is covered by dense forest, perfect for zip lining. Several outfitters offer zip line adventures; many of these adventures are...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village