Collected by ellen asmodeo, AFAR Staff
Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico
This AAA 5-Diamond resort is tucked into a jungle-beach setting along the Riviera Maya. The 401 guest rooms (including 34 suites), intertwining with the lush forest and graceful lagoons provide the perfect vacation getaway. The beach at the...
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Calle 10 Nte. SN Local 7, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
This is a great little joint tucked away off a side street in Playa del Carmen. Owned by a Venezuelan family, they make great food with several vegetarian options. The sandwiches made with plantain bread are outstanding.
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter