Mexico City Xmas 2015
Collected by Meg Nesterov, AFAR Local Expert
Polanco V Sección, Virgilio 90, Polanco, Polanco III Secc, 11560 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Mexican sweets have a long, fascinating, and delicious history and anyone with a sweet tooth is obliged to eat as many varieties of the country's traditional candies as possible. Though they're not nearly as pervasive as they once were, Mexico...
Insurgentes Sur 1391, Insurgentes Mixcoac, 03920 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
It bills itself as Mexico City's first gourmet popcorn shop, one of the newer additions to the "everything artisanal" craze that has seized the Mexican capital. Palomita Querida typically carries 30 different popcorns at any given time, plus...
S/N, Balderas, Colonia Centro, Centro, 06040 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
La Ciudadela has been the go-to market for handcrafts for nearly 50 years, and it features crafts and handmade objects from all over Mexico. Expect to find everything from textiles (blankets, tablecloths, and hand-embroidered clothing) to...
Plaza San Jacinto 11, San Ángel TNT, San Ángel, 01000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Once a separate municipality, San Ángel—in the city’s south, nestled into its western foothills—is a leafy, genteel enclave whose relative isolation adds a soigné feel (for better or worse) you won’t find in...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked