Mexico City Playground
Collected by Laura LaBrie
From the free Zoo to the graceful cathedral, there is plenty to do in Mexico's booming metropolis, Mexico City.
Carr. Picacho-Ajusco Km 1.5, Tlalpan, 14200 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
For a bit of adventure, animals, and adrenaline Six Flags is the place to go in Mexico City. Unlike other amusement parks, they feature a range of activities—many of which you won't find in the US—that cater to all ages. Explore the themed...
Calle Chivatito s/n 1ª sección del Bosque de Chapultepec, Col. San Miguel Chapultepec, Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, 11850 Delegación Miguel Hidalgo, CDMX, Mexico
Wake up early, lace up your walking shoes, and get ready for a day of adventure at the Chapultepec Zoo. Free and open to the public, the expansive grounds wind past panda bears, butterflies, and even a lake. The park is best enjoyed early in the...
Plaza de la Constitución S/N, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Mexico City’s mammoth cathedral was built across three centuries (1573–1813)—starting soon after Cortés and his allies vanquished the Aztec Empire—using stones taken from a destroyed indigenous temple. Today’s...
Calle de la Palma 23, Centro Histórico, Centro, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
For breakfast at El Cardenal you can gently tear open fresh pastries, dip them in cool clotted cream, and follow them with classic Mexican hot chocolate. Of course you might rather order the squash blossom omelet or the escamole--ant eggs...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys